Interim-Manager (m/f/d) for a Max Planck Society Spin-off in the field of nutraceutical / biopharma
Max Planck Innovation GmbH (MI) in Munich is the technology transfer organization of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science, one of the largest non-university research institutions in Germany. MI's main task is to secure the intellectual property rights and to market the research results from the 86 Max Planck institutes as well as to support Max Planck scientists in founding high-tech start-ups.
Eversyn is an emerging spin-off of the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Magdeburg currently support by EXIST-Forschungstransfer. Our proprietary technology is based on the efficient use of novel, biocatalytic cascades. We have designed and engineered these pathways to produce functional oligosaccharides and tailor the glycosylation of therapeutic proteins. We are highly skilled, experienced and motivated team of with an excellent track record of successfully working together, manifested by numerous patents and high-profile publications and collaborations. While we are international team with diverse sets of skills and backgrounds, we share the tenacity and grit that will make Eversyn a success: www.eversyn.de/about-us.
Main focus will be on: Prepare Spin-Off, Engage in fundraising, Create a vision and
Strategy for Growing, Foundation and Product Positioning
- Establishing, growing and leading a white / red biotech company as future CEO.
Take a lead across all aspects of the company / make key decisions that will affect the company's direction. Refining of and implementing the existing business plan incl. the financing concept and market analyses
- Acquisition of funds from strategic and/or VC investors to finance the biotech-start-up
- Preparation of spin-off
- Develop and implement a viable strategy
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations
- Develop and implement effective processes and systems to support the company's growth
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, suppliers,
partners, and investors
All tasks are to be handled in close coordination with the founding team and Max Planck Innovation GmbH. The position can be started immediately and is forseen until the end of November/December 2023 on a daily basis (max. 10 days per month, remote or on-site in Magdeburg). A later engagement as permanent CEO and co-founder is explicitly desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Background in biotechnology (food and/or biopharma) and business administration (the person
needs to be able understand the technology and its application potential)
- A track record with start-ups. Experience in successfully establishing, growing and leading a
white or red biotech company as CEO or in an important role (due to the short contract length there is no time to „grow“ into the position and the CEO experience is thus prerequisite)
- Strong, robust network in the (bio-)pharma and food industry
- Successful acquisition of funds from strategic / VC investors to finance a biotech-start-up
- Strong track-record in acquiring third party funding to grow a biotech start-up in Germany
- General knowhow of healthcare regulatory (biotech)
- Strong leadership / entrepreneurial drive, decision making and communication skills
- Excellent skills in business development and project management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full working proficiency in English is required, German is a plus
If you are experienced and passionate about driving business growth and delivering exceptional results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please send your documents (incl. fee) until 24.05.2023 to: email@example.com.
You can find more detailed information on the handling of your personal data under this: www.max-planck-innovation.de/datenschutz-stellenausschreibung.html
- Job Offer Interim-Manager (1.7 MiB)
For inquiries please contact:
Phone: +49 89 / 29 09 19-39