Safety apparatus and method for monitoring a light path of a laser beam, and applications of same
Sensors, Devices and Components
- Safety at work.
- Extremely quick (<= 10 ms) shutdown of even strongest laser light, can be triggered by persons or obstacles.
- The powerful laser beam, i.e. an invisible YAG laser, is enveloped by a human visible safety laser light. The (partial) interruption of the light triggers the safety shutdown.
- The shutdown is achieved by swivelling a blocking material into the beam instead of shutting down the laser. Thus, a fully active beam can be recovered immediately after the person/obstacle moved out of the critical area.
- The safety feature can to introduced for all kind of even strongest laser beams.
- Ref.-No.: 1801-6105-WT (3.2 MiB)
PD Dr. Wolfgang Tröger
Phone: +49 89 / 29 09 19-27
Dr. Andreas Vogler
Phone: +49 89 / 29 09 19-36